Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Why wait?

I was listening to a podcast the other day (Fear the boot's occasional spinoff - fear en route) in which they were discussing Podfade, or, the phenomenon where podcasts simply stop producing material and fade away without explanation. As they mentioned, the same thing happens with blogs. The reasons are all perfectly logical - the writer lost interest, the writer got too busy, the writer ran out of things to say - i.e. real life intruded.

Not having posted anything in two years, I asked myself why. After a bit of reflection, I realized that it was none of the typical reasons. It was simply that I didn't want to follow up such a significant event with something trivial, fluffy or just silly.

Now I realize that was a stupid trap to be caught in. Did I stop watching movies after seeing something é important?é Why should I stop writing after writing about an important event? Enough with seriousness!

Let the parade of trivialities begin!

No comments: